Thursday, October 27, 2005

Jacket Required

I know autumn arrived about a month ago, but there's just something about Fall that doesn't seem official until it's October. Perhaps that's when the autumn chill really sets in and the days stop swaying back and forth to warmer temperatures but instead become progressively cooler. While the sky may still be sunny, the wind gusts cold and there's a crispness to the air.


Fall finally arrived on the island last week. What a refreshing change to drive in cooler morning and evening air. While I can still make use of shorts, t's, and flops during the day, a jacket is required during the hours of less to no sunlight. What pleases me the most is the break from the humidity. I'm actually enjoying the warm air in my apartment now rather than feeling suffocated by it. And it's nice to not have to run the air conditioning as often. I look forward to soon making use of warm clothes.

Something I do miss are the colors of fall. I miss seeing the leaves change and the colorful scenery a drive through the country or mountains provides. I'm hoping to see some changing maple leaves in November. There is an area in the north where this will supposedly occur next month so I'm looking forward to getting away for a weekend again soon. Perhaps I'll soon have photo proof that Fall exists in Taiwan.

No comments: