Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday at last

Another work week has drawn to a close and a weekend island hop awaits. Shao Lui Chui, here I come - where the water is salty, the air humid, and the pace of life just right for a relaxing weekend.

Off to the store to pick up some snacks, drinks, and a camping and beach essential, nail polish. Oh, you think I jest, but sadly, I do not. Spending a length of time outdoors means a whole host of gangly stuff is going to take up residence under your nails and try as you may to be hygienic, it's somewhat of a losing battle, so I'd rather just not see it. Out of sight, out of mind. Ignorance is bliss. (Okay, I'm not really that gross.)


Also on the packing list, some New Zealand Beauties, my new favorite apple. I've found munching fruit a helpful way to keep hydrated. Now time to catch a whopping 2 hours of sleep before an early morning drive and boat ride. It seems as though the fumes of the insecticide sprayed at my apt. complex yesterday have finally seeped inside so I think my planned escape could perhaps be saving me from finally being done in by toxic city life. On that happy note, have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, when you said "New Zealand Beauties", I thought you meant you were taking some hot girls to the island with you. What the heck kind of relaxing weekend was this? (So glad I can send this in anonymously, though you can probably figure out who this is by now. Because Hansel's so hot right now.)

mendacious said...

mmm. that hansel. he is hot.