Friday, October 27, 2006

Be still my heart

It's a Friday night. Another week of work is complete and I'm ready to unwind, only I can't. My heart is still racing from my mass consumption of caffiene today. Ugh.

I enjoy both coffee and tea, but for the most part, avoid them. I get hooked on caffiene way too easy and I hate the side effects. For whatever reason, I've felt drained this week and needed a boost to get me through the day, so I had a small pot of coffee with lunch. Mistake. By my afternoon classes, I was shaking and for the rest of the day, I've felt my heart racing. Great.

Tonight with my dinner, I decided to order an Ovaltine. Again, mistake. Somewhere along the line, there was confusion and instead, I recieved a giant cup of coffee! When it arrived, I happened to be in class, parched, while my water bottle was in another room, so what did I do - I drank some of the coffee. Not all, probably not even half, but any amount was more than what I needed. There came a point where I felt as though I was going to cause my own death if I consumed anymore. I can see it now - joe delivered the final blow. Here's to hoping rest comes despite my mistakes.

On a side note - the coffee I brewed this afternoon was fantastic! A friend bought it at a night market over a year ago, gave it to me when she moved, and it's been in my freezer ever since. Though she assured me it was good, I was skeptical - perhaps one of the reasons it's been in my freezer so long. However, it's quite delish. Night market coffee - who knew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kara, that's because they put cocaine in coffee at the night markets.

What did you THINK?! GOSH!!