Sunday, November 12, 2006

drained

Ah, the euphoria of suddenly feeling better after having felt so miserable.
For the second month in a row, I've been blasted with illness, feeling more sick than I have since I was a kid.

On Friday night, my weekend began something like this:

16 hours of vomiting
2 hours of rest
7 hours of high fever
5 hours of rest

Thankfully Sunday has found me feeling much better, not fully recovered, but definitely much improved. I was slightly dreading the jam packed Saturday I had set myself up for. It had been a draining week with little sleep and what I wanted more than anything, I guess, was to catch a break this weekend. God provides again exhibiting His humour once more. Guess the only way to clear my schedule was to be taken out by illness.

The weekend was certainly made more bearable by the blessing of friendship. Becky not only brought me crackers and various beverages, but went to the pharmacist on my behalf to get meds - I was too sick to even leave the house to go to the drs. She checked up on me during the day and even stayed the night on Saturday in case I needed to go to the hospital during the night. Wow - what a friend! To boot, she whipped up some of her fabulous homemade chicken noodle soup this afternoon and had me over for a late lunch. It was nice to get out for a bit of fresh air. Ah, nearly well again just in time for work in the morning. So much for the weekend.

1 comment:

~sarah said...

ewww. so sorry you were sick, but hooray for becky! see, you've gotta schedule in time to rest, chickadee, or it will be forced on you! sleep kara. sleep! : )