Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I'm ready to go home, Toto


There's no place like home is the sentiment of the day.

As I followed the yellow path laid into the sidewalk on my evening jog, I wanted my own personal yellow brick road, not one to lead me around the block but to guide me home.

Home to my apartment, as too much running in circles had left me parched, thirsting for water, something I usually detest drinking.

Home to the U.S., as too much running in circles has left me wanting to break free from the trained act my life has become.

Home to the place of my youth and a time when it was much easier to convince myself that I cared about and loved anything at all.

Home to Heaven, a place that only a year ago I began to see as the place my restless soul must consider home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should try following the yellow brick TOAD. I tried that once. It was pretty psychedelic.

mendacious said...

MUEYO excellante>