Friday, June 26, 2009

Taiwan - Best Trip in the World Contest

In an effort to let more people around the world know that Taiwan is a terrific place to travel, the Taiwan Tourism Bureau has decided to launch a "Best Trip in the World" contest. The Tourism Bureau is inviting people from around the world to form their own teams of at least 2 people to put together and submit a money-saving, yet fun and creative way to spend 4 days in Taiwan. Of the entrants, 50 teams with the best itineraries will be selected to actually come to Taiwan and complete their proposed 4 day itinerary (while blogging and video-logging daily) for the chance to ultimately win $1,000,000 NT (about $30,000 US) and a month of travel in Taiwan. The 50 teams will be announced on July 10, and the teams have until August 31 to complete their 4-day trip. The winner of the Best Trip contest will be announced on November 15.

So, why am I telling you this? Well, despite the fact that over 700 teams have already signed up (the deadline is June 30), I'm just crazy enough to throw my hat into the ring as well! That's right, I've decided to put together a team, called the Southern Belles, consisting of my mom and myself. Since her visit to Taiwan a few years ago, I've been hoping she'd have the chance to come again. We had been talking about her possibly visiting this summer, so when I saw the listing for the contest, I decided to seize the opportunity in hopes that we'd be selected and she'd have an even better excuse to join me here this summer! While selection to participate does depend largely on the creativity and feasibility of the itinerary we submit, part of the contest does consist of online voting, as the main goal of the competition is to spread the word and generate interest in Taiwan as a tourist destination. And so, I'm asking that you check out our contest page and vote for us!

We're thrilled about the possibility to compete and excitedly awaiting the July 10th announcement! We appreciate your support and votes and will keep you updated as things progress.

3 comments:

Al Kohawlik said...

I'm sorry, I don't vote for people who don't blog for a year.

Kara said...

:oP

Ima Poohp-Hedd said...

yeah seriously, get writing