Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Behold the Power of Jersey

No, I'm not referring to the Atlantic state, athletic clothing, or even a breed of Holstein. Rather, I'm talking about my jersey knit sheets.

Now my bed is not exactly what I'd call comfortable though it has been improved upon this year by the addition of a memory foam thanks to the generous birthday gift from my roommate. Since I spend too few hours sleeping, the quality of sleep I get is very important in order for me to function during the day. Since my trip home last summer, my slumber has benefited tremendously thanks to a set of jersey knit sheets. I love 'em.

While my roommate may have moved out a month ago, my old friend insomnia has been back for a visit these past few weeks. The past 2 weeks in particular have been filled with many long sleepless nights. In the month that I've been back from summer vacation, a lot has happened both in my life and in the lives of others I'm close to, so no doubt all the change and craziness may have triggered my sleepless state of being. Ever hear the Sleep song by Riley Armstrong? I feel like it's on repeat play in my head.

So, insomnia, jersey knit sheets - there really is a point to all of this. For the past 2 weeks I've also decided to switch back to my regular cotton sheets for awhile - in other words, I didn't feel like doing my laundry until I had to. While I used to like my old sheets, I don't find them as comfortable anymore. I happened to catch up on the olde laundry this past weekend and since switching back to the jersey knit, I find it much easier to lull myself back into the cozy comfort of my bed and easily drift to sleep. Coincidence? - Perhaps not. Only time will tell if the power of the jersey will help to break my cycle of sleeplessness. And on that note, I'm going to bed. Good night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Sorry to hear you're not sleeping well. That sucks! I'll try to pray for you about 9 or 10am my time, about the time you should be sleeping!!! : )

And I've now set Orbitz up to be on the look-out for a sweet deal to KHH in the spring. : )

BTW, I think you can set your blog so that there are no "Anonymous" posters allowed, and thus avoid all these jerk wads posting ads like they were comments. Seriously people! When you're annoying, no one wants to buy what you're selling, so it's a waste of time! Sheesh.