Thursday, August 24, 2006

kids in the kart

To my friend E, you're a dangerous gal. I think you remember people's childhood stories better than they do.

Well, here's a new one for ya. As I made a quick stop at the supermarket this afternoon, I was nearly run into by a mom pushing a shopping cart containing 2 young kids. Although, getting hit by a cart at this particular supermarket would not be anything out of the ordinary for me. Anyway, in place of a glare or eye roll, I couldn't help but crack a smile and chuckle when I saw the younger of the two boys in the cart, a tike under 2 years old. This was because his legs were decorated with marker doodles. I wonder if this was self-inflicted or the handiwork of his older bro. In any case, it reminded me of the good old days when my brothers and I used to give marker tattoos to each other, but particularly to my baby bro, something I had long forgotten about until today. For some reason, Mom was never thrilled to find the surprises on Todd's body when it was time to bathe him. Think what you will of me now, but in my defense, it was washable marker and I was not the worse culprit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Danger is my middle name. Did either of your brothers ever get tricked into buying dinner for ten people?