Thursday, September 21, 2006

Cool.

Yesterday I was bestowed with good news not once, but twice. One of my best friends from the U.S. bought her ticket and is coming for a visit and a NZ photo of mine has been included in a newly released Christchurch guide.

Sarah-babey is coming to Taiwan - woo-hoo! Yeah, I'm beaming slightly. A friend from home is coming for a visit and in just 2 weeks - eek! - so much to do, but how exciting! The timing is great. She arrives on Moon Festival Day which means a 3 day weekend for me. Sadly, the day probably won't wind down by eating bbq and wearing pomelo peels on our heads under the full moon, traditions for such a holiday, but it's bound to be an exciting weekend nonetheless. Better still is another built-in day off while she's here, Double 10, Taiwan's national holiday. (Glad we'll be out of Taipei for that one, kid.)

As for the photo, that process began over the summer when I was approached about permission to have a photo considered for an upcoming Christchurch city guide. I had almost forgotten about it until I received word this week that is was accepted for inclusion and appears in the new guide. It's by far not one of my favorite trip photos, however, I guess it happened to be of something they were looking for.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was the photo of some hot girl lying down on some grass?

Kara said...

Grrrrr!

Miriam Easterling said...

Congratulations on the photo being published-that's really impressive!

mendacious said...

if only we could see the photo...