Thursday, September 28, 2006

9/28

To my cohorts in Taiwan, Happy Teacher's Day! Though the day has actually been labeled such to commemorate the birthday of Eastern scholar and teacher, Confucius, it's become used to recognize educators island-wide as well. While I didn't take in the morning festivities this year at the city's Confucius temple, it was still a day made a bit sweeter by the well wishes of students. For some reason, many seemed quite excited this year to bestow greetings, cards, and treats. It was such a nice day that it would have made for a great Friday to leave the work week on such a happy note, however, one more day to go. I rarely dread Fridays, but this week, I make an exception. What I hate more than going to the doctor's is going to the doctors in Taiwan, something I've gotta do tomorrow morning. Okay, time to redirect my focus to something more favorable - Sarah arrives in one week!

1 comment:

~sarah said...

i sure do and that apartment better be spic and span baby! Spic AND span!