Monday, September 18, 2006

Instant Success

Ever find yourself wishing you could have instant success?

Well, now you can! Just head on down to your local Taiwanese baking supply store and get yourself a box today.

What must be baking powder, or baking soda, is a box labeled Instant Success. Though I've seen it here for several years, I still crack a smile when I pass it in the aisle.


Why didn't some marketing genius in the US think of this, or perhaps one had?
Just think of the possibilities - All you need to make the perfect cake is a pinch of Instant Success. Sounds like something right out of the 1940's or 50's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I conned Becky into picking up bags of horse manure at the barn, I said I didn't know what the Chinese equivalent was for the word "manure", but she said she knew because her students said the Chinese name for (Draco) Malfoy sounds like "manure". Only we were saying "horse powder", not "manure". The natural conclusion is: we can just add water to the "horse powder", and we can make our own instant horse!