Wednesday, December 20, 2006

good n' plenty

Good things come in small packages, but sometimes they come in great big ones too! I got a long awaited package from home today. It was chock-full of good stuff, so much so that after 2 hours of sorting and reveling, I still haven't explored all its contents.
The story starts about 5 months ago when I was home on summer break. I packed a box of stuff that wouldn't fit in the suitcases to get shipped at a later time. Included were several Christmas gifts for people here. Over the months the box got opened and repacked several times by the folks at home and more stuff added, including Christmas gifts for me - woohoo! In addition to the items I packed were tons of unexpected goodies. Receiving the box felt like Christmas, oh wait, it almost is.
Favorites among the anticipated goodies include, but are not limited to: a slew of new cds to obsess over including some Sufjan Christmas tunes - oh yeah, cold weather gear - new fleeces and very cool legwarmers I might add, developed photos from a roll I left behind - what a treat- I had forgotten about most of the pics taken, a can opener that actually works - how I've longed for thee, and some new games and books - Canasta anyone? Topping the cool surprises: creme de methe baking chips, Peppermint Patties, dad's homemade jerky, and of course, gifts waiting to be open (some of them anyway).
Well, time to go bask once more in the goodness of it all, or at least put some of it away so I can get out the door for work in the morning.

No comments: