Friday, December 22, 2006

the moral dilemma surrounding eggnog

Sometimes I think my ability to make eggnog is what keeps me employed, or at least keeps me in the good graces of my boss. A few Christmases ago he discovered the concoction I supplied for a co-worker's Christmas party and it has been his request for Christmases, Thanksgivings, birthdays, Halloweens, and BBQs since. I, however, only provide it as a gift twice a year and as it is once again Christmas, it's once time to whip up a batch. Since I'll be seeing my boss several times over the holiday weekend, I inquired as to when he'd like to recieve it and this was the text message response I got:

if i get it today (Friday) and finish it, can I have more on sat. and mon.? otherwise, i'll wait for sat., but if i share, will i get more? moral dilemma!

So there you have it, the moral dilemma surrounding eggnog. I would think it to at least be to spike or not to spike, but apparently it's to share or not to share. Oh, what some will do for eggnog!

No comments: