Saturday, December 23, 2006

the race is on

I'm blitzing again. I have several posts that I began but never got back to finish, which is not only characteristic of my blogging this week but most other things as well. An invasion of the body snatchers must have taken place because I'm really not myself this holiday season. I'm incredibly far behind in just about everything and my closest friends are delighting in the fact that for once, they're the ones on top of things. The real me would most likely be freaking out right about now knowing how much there is to get done this late in the game, yet I'm oddly blithe about it all.
Included in my bountiful package of goodies from home was a multi-disc set of Christmas tunes, Sufjan style. They've since been on constant rotation in the cd player in an effort to get me in the holiday frame of mind. I'm about a month behind in getting into the Christmas swing of things. Never before have I found myself without the tree up, some cards sent, gifts mostly purchased, or some cookies baked within so few days of Christmas. It's getting down to the wire, and yet I'm strangely indifferent to it all this year. Is the artificialness of Christmas in Taiwan finally getting to me on this, my 5th Christmas on the island? I'm hoping it's nothing more than part of the rut I've found myself in lately and I hope to find myself emerging soon while there's still Christmas spirit left to catch.

No comments: