Saturday, December 23, 2006

the day

Today was a beautiful day. Sun streamed golden through a cloudless sky as I traveled from lesson to lesson this morning. Oh, the wonderful combination of warm sun and cool air that delights and bewilders the senses.

Today was a busy day. Teaching followed by more teaching, and then the ballet - all very rewarding in their own way. A few intermittent errands led me to a chance finding of an excellent gift and I found myself getting excited for Christmas morning for the first time all season.

Today was a good day. My first breaths in the warm sunshine made me happy to be alive and content in being exactly where I was. Between waking and sleeping, the day was filled with simple joys and pleasant things. The day closed well - dinner with a close friend and an endless stream of good conversation.

No comments: