Friday, January 26, 2007

paper hearts are easily cut

The four years I have spent in Taiwan have seen the increasing popularity of Western holidays. On Christmas weekend I already observed heart shaped boxes of chocolates on display at a local supermarket. This week it was heart shaped Doritos appearing next to the left over Christmas tree shaped ones at the corner 7-Eleven. Guess everyone is seeking their niche in the upcoming commercial holiday, however, the homemade apparently still holds a place. Today, courage was mustered and an opportunity seized as I was presented with a heart by a fella I won't be seeing for a month. In the last seconds of class I was approached and sheepishly bestowed with a paper heart. Ha - kids are so funny sometimes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did he say "You complete me"?