Wednesday, February 07, 2007

home frigid home

I made it - home at last! The adventure began Saturday when I said farewell to a chilly Taiwan (55-75*F) to greet a slightly chillier Idaho (40-58*F). After an interim of at least 17 years, I had the the chance to make family of strangers as I reunited with relatives for a few days in Boise. I had an awesome time hanging out, catching up, and checking out a few sights including a winter carnival my cousin flew me to. I cannot think back on the past few days without a smile spreading across my face. Perhaps I'll have a few tales to share once I get the photos developed.

Yesterday I said good-bye to the sunny skies, rolling hills, and snow-capped peaks of ID for a 16 hr. trip from west to east. By 11:30pm I finally arrived home, my frigid destination, where temps have been below zero for days. Still, I'm home and there's a warmth in just knowing that. And now, the next chapter of hanging out and catching up begins.

No comments: