Friday, February 02, 2007

West side, East side, I'm going State side

Only a few more hours to go and I'm outta here. Despite just having been there over the summer, I'll be spending my Chinese New Year vacation time at home, and I must say, I'm rather excited. My first stop will be in the West to visit with some relatives I haven't seen since I was about 10. My cousin will be retrieving me from the airport and since we've both grown up a bit over the past 17 years, my uncle asked if I could email them a recent photo to help my cousin recognize me at the airport. No problem. I intended to get right on it, only my mom found out about the request and beat me in sending a photo. Her choice was this:

Perfect. I'm sure my relatives will have no problem recognizing me at the airport. That's right - I'll be the one with the kayak attached at the hip. In fact, no picture even needed, just look for the kayak - that will be the give away. Needless to say, a better pic has been provided.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aside from the obvious kayak at the airport, don't forget the great river running through the airport with green meadows on either side.

~sarah said...

ha! i love your mom! : ) tell her i say "heeee-low!"