Wednesday, March 07, 2007

In the Grey

I'm in the place of familiarity and comfort once again - melancholy. Not sure how I landed myself back here but there's a sweet sadness that exists in it. Perhaps it's the result of knowing that good feels all the better after feeling down, kind of like how the morning after a migraine feels amazing.

Today I'm unable to distinguish the morning from afternoon. It's all grey. There's no variation in light. It's a wonder that it's light at all. There's no visible sun, only the thickness of dinge, grime, and disgust.

Today I'm sinking into feeling much like my grey city where I exist just shy of living. Have I become like the sky, knowing it's seen better days but buried under clouds too thick to quite remember what such days were like?

I'm not too far gone to hope. I'm waiting for the gust, the strong wind that blows to clear the air. I'm waiting for the refreshing change, for newness and light exposed.

Perhaps tomorrow the sky and I will again align but resolve to just be blue. Blue would be fine with me and more becoming to us both.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To coincide with your lasik eye/contact lens entry: Maybe there's a speck of grey covering your eyeballs so everything you see is grey. I have morose-colored glasses myself.

Kara said...

always thinkin' there, always thinkin'