Monday, September 17, 2007

best buys

Though summer days may be fleeting, I'm still enjoying some of my favorite buys from the sunnier days gone by. Here are my top 5 summer purchase picks in no particular order:

Harry Potter 7


It was perfect timing as book 7's release coincided with the beginning of summer vacation. The book was consumed through 2 relaxing days spent curling up in comfy chairs at Starbucks.


Crocs



With Crocs Shops popping up all over town, the vastly popular footwear has finally become easily attainable on-island so I finally gave in and snagged a pair.


Ice Cream Maker


You scream, I scream, anytime is a good time for ice cream! For several years I've wanted one and this summer I spied this lovely ice cream/sorbet/frozen yogurt maker for a price too sweet to pass up.


Grey's Anatomy Seasons 2 & 3














An early summer care package from a friend happened to contain Season 1 and I was instantly hooked. I plowed through seasons 2 and 3 soon after.

Convertible Skirt


A camping trip led to this find, however, it wasn't until after the first wear that I discovered my straight, mid-calf grazing skirt could be easily gathered in an assortment of ways for a variety of looks. A skirt with options - I like it!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice legs!
Actually, from that picture, more like:

Nice knees!

~sarah said...

holy crap! you blogged! 3 times since last i checked! miraculous...

and i agree, nice legs! : )

Anonymous said...

So THAT's why you wanted those ice cream books from the ship! Yeah, sorry that didn't pan out.

I'm excited about those Grey's Anatomy boxed sets. Remember the Alias marathon? Let's have a GA marathon around Christmas. We're not sleepin' tuh-night! (Not the next morning either, with music "blaring" in the background.)

Kara said...

hot dog! sounds like a good idea to me. no one else is into watching G.A. with me and it's Wheeler's fault for getting me hooked on the show.

loved the music "blaring" in the background side note. nice touch. remind me to tell you a story of a similar event next time we meet up.