Sunday, June 18, 2006

under an indigo sky

Last night I went for an evening dip in the pool at my friend's place. While the pool is outdoors, most of it is covered by an overhang, above which an apartment tower rises. There's a small section where the pool juts out from the overhang and suddenly you're between towers and beneath the sky. As I lazily floated at the end of my swim, I hung out for a bit beneath the indigo sky. It was nice. I felt almost as though I was no longer in the city. Thoughts drifted to an evening when we relaxing on a riverbank under a starlit sky, soaking where water from a hot spring and cold river merged. Ahh, the mountains, haven't been there in awhile. For now, I'll have to make due with evenings beneath an indigo sky and the memories of the world that exists beyond the city.

No comments: