Friday, February 02, 2007

won't you be my neighbor


I have a theory that if you live in this town long enough, you're bound to see the Asian counterpart of just about everyone you know. Today it was Mr. Rogers, and he wasn't too far from my neighborhood. Even his mannerisms and the way he presented himself were spot on. And speaking of Mr. Rogers, in a few days I'll be hanging out at the Pittsburgh Airport for a few hours and I can't help but think of Mr. Rogers whenever I pass through. Perhaps it's the tribute they have to him in one of the corridors.

4 comments:

wwjt said...

I think the opposite can be true: I am Asian American and have a various times in my life come across non-Asian versions of relatives, friends...and ex-boyfriends!

I hope you will find what is good and what is best. I am not an authority on that sort of thing...it's a lifetime process to me. I do know that, having had the resources and opportunity to redefine myself after being out of school for almost two decades, I am doing what "fits" my temperament and values and as a result, much happier and more confident.:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you won't meet another "International Woman of Mystery" wherever you go. If you think I'm crazy, you have no idea -- crazy like a FOX!

P.S. Pink "Enchanted" Pajamas

~sarah said...

i have a similar theory - there are really only, maybe, 20 types of people in the whole world. and every where you go, you will find the "same" people over and over. relationships will vary due to the amount of time spent with each individual, but still... of course, i have yet to find a true, "other" you, so maybe you broke the mold. ; )

taiwan xifu said...

yes yes yes! i totally agree. i have seen it over and over again. once at the gym i saw a guy who was exactly like my pastor at home. i couldn't stop looking at him. so weird, huh? and there's a man i work with who is most definitely the taiwanese john lennon.

hope you're having a great time in the states! i'm jealous with a captial J. :)